Saturday, June 2, 2012

Beach Storytime


What better way to celebrate the beginning of summer and our beautiful Florida beaches than with a BEACH storytime?

My Big Blue Boat
I love to sail in my big blue boat
My big blue boat, my big blue boat
I love to sail in my big blue boat
Out on the deep blue sea.

My big blue boat has two red sails,
Two red sails, two red sails,
My big blue boat has two red sails,
Out on the deep blue sea. Blue Fish

A blue fish went swimming by
He swam down low, he swam up high
He wriggled his fins and shook his scales
and swished his graceful blue tail.

Row your Boat
Row row row your boat,
Gently down the stream,
Merrily merrily merrily merrily,
Life is but a dream.

At the beach
I dig a hole in the sand with my fingers
I dig a hole in the sand with my toes
Then I pour some water in the hole,
And I wonder where it goes?

What did I see at the beach?
I went to the beach. What did I see?
A bird on the sand looking at me!
I went to the beach. What did I see?
A fish in the water splashing at me!
I went to the beach. What did I see?
A shell in the sand sparkling at me!
I went to the beach. What did I see?
A crab in its shell waving at me!

Hear the ocean roar
(tune: I’ve been working on the railroad)
I went swimming in the ocean
On a summer day.
I went swimming in the ocean
And kicked, and splashed and played.
After lunch we looked for seashells
I found three or four
You can hold one up to your ear.
And hear the ocean roar.
Hear the ocean roar Hear the ocean roar.
You can hear the ocean roar, roar, roar.
Hear the ocean roar Hear the ocean roar
Hear the ocean roar, roar, roar.

The Waves at the Beach
The waves at the beach go up and down,
up and down, up and down,
The waves at the beach go up and down,
all day long.
The crabs at the beach crawl back and forth…
The lobsters at the beach go, snap, snap, snap…
The clams at the beach go open and shut…

10 little children splash in the sea!
1 little, 2 little, 3 little children 4 little, 5 little,
6 little children 7 little, 8 little 9 little children
10 little children in the sea!

Books:
Fun beach books to check out:

Bats at the Beach by Brian Lies
A beach tail by Karen Lynn Williams
Who's hiding? at the beach : a lift-the-flap book by Christiane Gunzi
To the beach by Thomas Docherty
Miranda's beach day by Holly Keller
Where is baby's beach ball? : a lift-the-flap book by Karen Katz.
Scaredy Squirrel at the beach by Mélanie Watt
Bebé goes to the beach by Susan Middleton Elya
Beach babies wear shades by Michelle Sinclair Colman
A day at the beach by Ed Briant
Beach by Elisha Cooper
To the beach! by Linda Ashman

No comments:

Post a Comment