Saturday, June 30, 2012

Dream Big... Read Storytime: Dreams

All summer we'll be doing storytime programs with our summer reading theme, Dream Big... Read, in mind. This week- Dreams!

Twinkle, twinkle little star
Twinkle, twinkle little star
How I wonder what you are
Up above the world so high
Like a diamond in the sky
Twinkle, twinkle little star
How I wonder what you are

5 little monkeys jumping on the bed
5 little monkeys jumping on the bed
1 fell off and bumped his head
Mama called the doctor, and the doctor said,
“No more monkeys jumping on the bed!”
4 little monkeys jumping on the bed…

Shake my sillies out
Gonna shake, shake, shake my sillies out,
Shake, shake, shake my sillies Out,
Shake, shake, shake my sillies out,
And wiggle my waggles away.

Gonna clap, clap, clap, my crazies out…
Gonna jump, jump, jump my jiggles out…
Gonna yawn, yawn, yawn my sleepies out…

Row your Boat
Row row row your boat,
Gently down the stream,
Merrily merrily merrily merrily,
Life is but a dream.

Teddy Bear Teddy Bear
Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear, turn around
Teddy Bear Teddy Bear, touch the ground
Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear, show your shoes
Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear, how old are you?
Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear, climb the stairs,
Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear, say your prayers.
Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear, turn out the light
Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear, say good night!

Shake Your Egg
(tune: London Bridge)
Shake your egg and follow me, follow me, follow me
Shake your egg and follow me
Now put your egg on your head.

Counting Sheep
(tune:This Old Man)
Counting sheep, Counting sheep
Helps my mommy Go to sleep.
One sheep, two sheep,
Three sheep, four
Soon my mommy Starts to snore.

Star light, Star Bright
Star light, star bright
First star I see tonight
I wish I may, I wish I might
Have the wish I wish tonight

Fun dream books to check out:
Sweet dreams by Rose A. Lewis
Light up the night by Jean Reidy
Arthur's dream boat by Polly Dunbar
Seaside dream by Janet Costa Bates
It's time to sleep, it's time to dream by David A. Adler
The dream jar by Lindan Lee Johnson
Dream hop by Julia Durango
I dream of trains by Angela Johnson
Maisy's rainbow dream by Lucy Cousins
What do you dream? by Elizabeth Cody Kimmel
Jack and the dream sack by Laurence Anholt



No comments:

Post a Comment